The cost of night tours is $ 10 per person. Group size for tours is limited to six people and payment must be made in advance. Flashlights are provided by the museum.
The flashlight guided tours will last around an hour and will involve climbing stairs. The historic structure is not accessible to people with reduced mobility. Temperatures inside the building will be relatively cool. The tour is not recommended for small children.
The Baldwin Hotel, built in 1905 at 31 Main Street, originally housed a hardware store on the ground floor and offices on the three upper floors. In 1911, the building was transformed into a hotel.
The building is named after George T. Baldwin, an ironmonger, politician and civic leader who died in 1920. After his death, the hotel was managed for a few years by his daughter, Maud Baldwin.
The Baldwin Hotel operated for 66 years before it closed in 1977. By the time it closed, many of the building’s original features and furnishings had been preserved.
Klamath County acquired the building and opened it as a public museum in 1978.
To reserve a spot for a flashlight tour, go to klamathmuseum.org. For more information, call the Klamath County Museum at (541) 882-1000.