Many special Christmas events and light shows in San Diego County will continue to provide options for residents as the holidays extend into New Years.
Here are a few to choose from, many of which are free:
- Old Town Holiday Lights Tram Tour: Take a 75-minute tram tour from December 26-30. Join elf drivers as they share vacation facts and traditions while gazing at the festive lights of the Old Town, Embarcadero, Seaport Village, and Balboa Park. Tickets, starting at $ 44, must be purchased 24 hours in advance.
- Hotel Del Coronado: The Del has transformed its seaside Windsor lawn into a winter wonderland of twinkling lights, huge decorated trees and snowy surprises. Free for viewing.
- Belmont Park at Mission Beach: Features thousands of holiday-themed lights and huge sculptures – free to see.
- San Diego Zoo Jungle Bells: The zoo turns at night into a magical winter wonderland. Free with $ 62 entry to the park.
- Clairemont Christmas Park: For years, more than 40 residents of Lana and Jamar Drive, off Abernathy Circle, have hung Christmas lights in their neighborhood “Christmas Park”.
- The Forward House in Bankers Hill on First Avenue and Ivy Street in San Diego, known for its huge holiday exhibit.
- Starlight Circle / Starburst Santee: Over 70 homes display Christmas lights welcoming visitors along Tomel Court, off Glendon Circle in Santee. Continues through December 31, from dusk to 10 p.m.
- Candy Cane Lane in Poway: Hickory Street, next to Saddlewood Drive, features themed exhibits, twinkling lights, and holiday tunes.
- Willow Walk Road in Oceanside: Over 30,000 lights create a serious show at 5279 Willow Walk Road. See (and hear) also singing Christmas trees, until December 31, from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
– City news service